February 6, 2013

When a Cold Strikes at Disneyland (with Fish Heads & Crumbs)

Disneyland Main Street Blurry catching cold shakey vacation sick
Must...get..to...hotel...(I knew I'd find a use for this photo someday!)
There's no such thing as a good time to catch a cold, but feeling it hit right as vacation starts is just plain aggravating. I can tell you from personal experience that riding the Matterhorn with a pounding headache is not a good idea. Sometimes there's simply no other choice but to slog back to the hotel, collapse like a sack of coconuts, try not to blame the co-worker back home (who came to work with a fever) and hope it eases up in time to allow you at least a few good rides...or at least an Apple Freeze and a fritter.

For locals, it's not quite such a big deal; they just postpone for a week or two. They might even use the parks as their own comfort-food takeout service. Cue the walrus...oh, wait, he can't leave his house today...
Disneyland comic strip walrus fish heads crumbs Plunk cold

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I love it.

    I haven't been sick for an entire vacation but there were a few times I got heat stroke (August in Orlando, ugh) and it was pretty unbearable. One time I missed dinner at Cinderella's Castle and I was so bummed out.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions!