October 9, 2012

Too Early For New Disney Christmas Music? Nah!

Disney Jingle Bell Fun Christmas Holiday Music 2012 Mickey Goofy
It's not even Halloween yet, and I'm posting about Christmas; what am I, Target? Okay, I'm fairly certain I'm not the only Disney fan who starts updating their Holiday playlists early as the new Christmas albums start appearing, right?  Anyone?

Disney Christmas albums are often hit & miss. This one's good -- Really, really good. Starting with the best cover art I've ever seen on a Disney Christmas release, Disney Jingle Bell Fun hits all the right...er....notes by balancing sentiment, humor and great performances into one satisfying album.

Keeping the pattern of past Disney Christmas albums, this one's half character-performed songs and half more "mainstream" contributions -- this time by Randy Crenshaw and Hailey Markman. Crenshaw and Markman's tracks are top-notch, but -- let's be honest -- we wanna hear the characters sing.

This time, around, the Fab Five Plus Daisy are in fine form, bringing comic charm to:

Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Goofy does a guitar solo & Donald forgot to buy Daisy anything)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Goofy & Donald doing the call-and-response version)
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! (Donald & Daisy)
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (Mickey & Minnie)

But the surprise, awesome shocker of this collection is the piano-lounge crooner version of "Toyland" sung by Goofy, completely in character, completely serious, and so touching and perfect that his "shooby-dooby-doos" halfway through don't sound ridiculous. Bill Farmer deserves a standing ovation and a Grammy Award for this one.

I definitely recommend Disney Jingle Bell Fun -- Possibly the best Disney Christmas album yet.

It's available on iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/disney-jingle-bell-fun/id562275405?uo=4),  Amazon Mp3 and CD.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to download that album right now. It's never too early for Christmas music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts the Holiday music ASAP! :) This one's a lot of fun. I swear, after hearing "Toyland," I'd buy an entire CD of Goofy as a lounge singer! :)

      Delete
  2. Rich! You are becoming my favorite person more and more. Christmas music? October? I adore it. I don't think I have this one. I'll have to check it out when I go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the Christmas music starts waaayyy before the decorations get unboxed! :)

      Delete

We welcome your comments and questions!