March 9, 2013

The Swinging Gondolas. One of These Days...

Mickey's Fun Wheel Swinging Gondolas DCA Paradise Pier
One of these days I'm going to ride a swinging gondola on Mickey's Fun Wheel. And then I'm going to get my head examined.

This is one of the few things at Disneyland Resort I've not yet experienced. Every time I approach the Wheel at DCA's Paradise Pier, I think, "This is it. I'm going to do it." And then I keep right on walking. I prefer to observe the cabins' rocking motions from afar while eating a corn dog.

Seriously, those things are actually equipped with motion-sickness bags. I can handle Tower of Terror and California Screamin' with no problem, but--as someone who gets queasy from repeated rocking and swinging movements--the thought of being locked into an airborne swinging cage for nearly ten minutes fills me with dread.

One of these day, though, I have to give it a shot. Next trip, for sure! Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments and questions!