April 30, 2013

Teacup Chairs at the Disneyland Hotel

Teacup Chairs Disneyland Hotel lobby giant Fantasy tower
While visiting the Disneyland Hotel's Fantasy Tower, you're sure to notice the unusual seating accommodations in the lobby. They're weird and they're big--they're the semi-famous teacup chairs!

I have mixed feelings about these guys. I'm glad they exist, because the world can't have too much whimsy, and I really like the little table representing the control wheel...but...

They do creep me out just a little bit. I don't know why. Is it because they look like they've had all the color sucked out of them? I wish the carpet picked up the theme with--I dunno--circle patterns suggesting saucers or something...

On the other hand, I'm glad there are things at the resort that I can't neatly sort into "like" or "dislike" (two others: Astro Orbitor and Duffy). All I know is, if these chairs slowly rotated in place...well, then we'd have the most awesome hotel furniture on the planet.

1 comment:

We welcome your comments and questions!